Gov. Kate Brown signed historic increases to the minimum wage into law Wednesday, claiming a major win for Democrats and promising to uplift the working poor.
Speaking to reporters in her ceremonial office at the Capitol, Brown said the bill is a well-crafted compromise between labor groups and businesses that demonstrates Oregon’s wise culture of governing.
“I am extremely proud of the collaborative spirit of the stakeholder groups that worked to develop this legislation,” Brown said.
Read more: Oregon Live
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CA Democrats Want to Spend $1 Billion So Illegal Immigrants Can Have…
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers
- WATCH: Gang of Thugs Prove Why Every Single Woman Needs a Gun at Home
- POLL: TV Host Suggests Obama be Brought Back from Overseas by U.S. Marshals After What He Did to Trump — Do You Agree?