Will Smith is happy to co-star in his leading lady’s plan to skip the Oscars.
The “Concussion” actor echoed the concerns of his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, over the lack of racial diversity among this year’s Academy Award nominees — and confirmed that he’d be sitting out the ceremony along with her.
“No, my wife’s not going. It would be awkward for me to show up with Charlize (Theron),” the “Men in Black” alum told “Good Morning America” Thursday. “We’ve discussed it. We’re part of this community, but at this current time, we’re uncomfortable to stand there and say that this is OK.”
Though the 47-year-old threw his support behind Pinkett Smith, he good-naturedly admitted he hadn’t even known she was planning to boycott Hollywood’s most important night, a move she announced in a Facebook video this week.
“I was out of the country at the time. And I came home, ‘What happened?’ ” he laughed. “She’s deeply passionate, and when she is moved, she has to go.”
Read more: NY Daily News
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- LIFE COACH JAXI WEST: Tweets the Most AWFUL Comment About Texas Deputy
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Photo Gallery
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- BREAKING: Thug Kills Omaha Police Officer, Who Gave Birth Days Before, During Shoot Out
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- 20,000 Leaked E-mails Show How DNC & Hillary SCREWED Bernie Sanders
- WATCH: Here We Find a Liberal Female in Her Natural Habitat… Pooping for ‘Justice’
- Military Parade to Occur on Veterans Day — Liberals Already Whining