No White House invitation or cause célèbre hashtags erupted over Twitter for the North Texas teen suspended last week after wearing an American flag T-shirt to high school. This happened on the same date, September 14, that Irving freshman Ahmed Mohamed brought to school his homemade suitcase clock.
To much quieter media fanfare, Seagoville High School officials in Dallas ISD punished junior Jaegur Goode for wearing an American flag T-shirt – and no one ever even saw the shirt. The stars and stripes were tucked away under a hoodie the teen sported. An assistant principal asked Goode to lift his sweatshirt which revealed the patriotic U.S. flag with the signature American bald headed eagle emblazoned over Old Glory.
That big reveal landed Goode in one day of In-School Suspension (ISS) for violating the school dress code policy. The decision was then reversed, most likely because the local FOX affiliate (KDFW) intervened alongside Goode’s mother.
According to KDFW-4, Goode, passionate about ROTC, hoped to earn a scholarship through the program. “He wants to go into the military,” his mother Shelly Goode told the TV news outlet. “He wants to help people, and any bad marks doesn’t look good.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- WOW: Is Obama FORCING Trump Out of the Oval Office?
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending