The White House is looking at steps the president can take to reduce gun violence – including executive actions.
An Obama administration official told DailyMail.com today that the president is not ruling out an executive order to require universal background checks or introduce other new measures – but nothing is currently in the works, either.
The president’s team is still reviewing its legal options, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said today.
Cutting down on firearm-related foul play ‘is a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see some more progress,’ he said.
Obama said Friday that he had asked his team to take another look at the laws that are currently on the books and ‘scrub what kind of authorities’ he has ‘to enforce the laws that we have in place more effectively to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.’
Beyond that, the White House said today that he would continue to use his ‘bully pulpit’ to talk about violent crimes.
‘I don’t have a lot of details to provide you in terms of the work that’s being done by his team on the scrub, ‘Earnest said today, but if the group comes up with proposals the president likes, he’ll put them before the public.
Obama has directed a team of experts to look for ways he can act, independently of Congress before. In January of 2013, he announced 23 executive actions he was taking in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street
- Watch: Man Yells ‘Freedom’ as He Drives Car Through 10 Commandments Monument
- Democrats Scoff: Neil Gorsuch is Just ‘Another Scalia’
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost