By Doug Giles
A couple of weeks ago, before a “moderate Muslim” couple lit up San Bernardino, a duo, by the way, that BHO’s boys “vetted” to immigrate into the US, I read a column telling Christians not to vote for Trump should he win the GOP ticket because he didn’t pass the “Word of God” litmus test.
The Christian writer said evangelicals shouldn’t support The Donald primarily because Trump mocked the disabled NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski. That, for said writer, was a holy deal breaker.
He also pointed out that Trump was cocky, cheeky and braggadocious and that, my dear brethren, was why he counseled you to not play the Trump card in 2016.
The author went on to say that we needed a “statesman” like Winston Churchill which made me spew my coffee on my Mac Powerbook.
Now … before anyone thinks I’m anti-WC, allow me to allay any concerns because I’m a huge Churchill fan and a painting I did of Winston adorns my gorgeous Texas casa.
The thing that struck me as weird after said columnist trounced on Trump for his arrogance, insults and his blistering quips was the Captain Obvious fact that I know of no one on the planet who was more adept and acerbic in their verbal cut-downs of his political opponents then my curmudgeony hero, Sir Winston Churchill.
Matter of fact, Churchill makes Trump look sedate and sophomoric compared to the way the British bulldog wielded his wicked verbal sword. If you don’t believe me give The Wicked Wit Of Winston Churchill a cursory glance.
In the aforementioned slim tome, you’ll quickly get schooled that the colossal PM, who crushed Nazis like a narc at a biker party, was also a man who had a LOL sense of humor. Much of it was devilish. And God help you if he pointed his verbal guns at you.
However, a lot of Winston’s mischievous verbal invectives are lost in his historical/famous sayings, but true Churchill enthusiasts know he was the King Of Cut Downs, bons mots, jokes and aphorisms which were often parlayed at his opponents’ expense. And his slams also included the ladies.
Yep, I know of no other modern “Statesman” like Churchill who was a combination of a great heart, brilliant talent, political savvy, who was wildly funny and definitely conceited.
Back to the Biblical acid test for our conservative candidate.
Look, I’m a Christian. I know it’s not cool to say or be that any longer but … I am.
Read more: Clash Daily
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Trump Supporter’ Breaches Security at Tower With Bag of Weapons & Fireworks… to ‘Study’ for School
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- NAKED SPRING BREAKER FOUND: Un-Harmmed and Underaged, the Female Photographed Came Forward to the Police
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- KICK THE KICK: New Recoil Pad Takes The Shock Out Of The Shot
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events