The Anderson County coroner released new details about four people found dead in a home on Monday afternoon.
Coroner Greg Shore said Violet Taylor, 82, Cathy Scott, 60, Barbara Scott, 80, and Mike Scott, 58, were all shot to death at the home they lived in on Refuge Road on Sunday.
Shore said three of the victims suffered one gunshot wound and one victim suffered more than one gunshot wound.
“This was very violent. Very, very violent deaths on all four of them” Shore said.
There was no sign of forced entry into the home or signs of a struggle, Shore said. Three of the victims were in the den and one was in the bedroom.
Shore said it appears the victims had no time to defend themselves.
Anderson County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the deaths as a quadruple homicide, according to Lt. Sheila Cole.
Cole said deputies were called to the home around 12:30 p.m. Monday about a possible shooting.
On Monday, Cole told WYFF News 4 Mandy Gaither, “As far as we know, there is no danger to the public right now.”
Cole went on to say that the investigation was ongoing and that could change.
No arrests have been made in the case.
Amy Vilardi, the daughter one of the victims, said she found the bodies.
“When I went to knock on the back door, the door just pushed open so I walked in and it was dark and I just flipped the light on and there they were. They were just, they were there,” Vilardi said.
Cathy and Mike Scott had been married nine years.
Violet Taylor was Cathy Scott’s mother. Barbara Scott was Mike Scott’s mother, Shore said.
Vilardi said that Cathy Scott was her mother.
All four lived in the home, Shore said.
“I don’t understand why any of it has happened and I just keep thinking it’s a dream I’m going to wake up from,” Vilardi said,
“Whoever did this, I don’t see how you can live with yourself.”
Shore said investigators will not speculate on what happened in the home because investigators want to “get it right.”
Read more: wyff4.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- EPIC: Loan Asian Man Silences Group of Protestors with One Simple Phrase [WATCH]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- Female Gun Range Owner, Who Banned Muslims from Her Business, is Running for Governor
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- Madonna Posts ‘Vagina Tattoo’ for Women’s March to Protest Trump…
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- Watch: Video Reveals Twitter Engineers Purposely Censor People They ‘Disagree With’
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending