Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was done in by his uncontrollable lust for human flesh, the man who whacked him in prison 20 years ago told The Post, revealing for the first time why the cannibal had to die.
Christopher Scarver — who fatally beat the serial killer and another inmate in 1994 — said he grew to despise Dahmer because he would fashion severed limbs out of prison food to taunt the other inmates.
He’d drizzle on packets of ketchup as blood.
It was very unnerving.
“He would put them in places where people would be,” Scarver, 45, recalled in a low, gravelly voice.
“He crossed the line with some people — prisoners, prison staff. Some people who are in prison are repentant — but he was not one of them.”
Scarver, who arrived at Wisconsin’s Columbia Correctional Institution around the same time as Dahmer in 1992, knew right away to keep a safe distance from the serial killer.
Scarver said the madman had a personal escort of at least one guard at all times when he was out of his cell because of his friction with other inmates.
“I saw heated interactions between [Dahmer] and other prisoners from time to time,” Scarver said, adding that he didn’t think much of Dahmer.
“There was no impression,” he said.
Like a lone wolf, Scarver watched Dahmer from afar on the prison yard, but never approached him, because he did not want to become a target of his sickening humor.
“I never interacted with him,” he said.
But that all changed on the morning of Nov. 28, 1994, when Scarver doled out his vigilante justice in a gymnasium of the Portage, Wis., prison.
Dahmer, 34, Scarver and a third inmate, Jesse Anderson, were led unshackled to clean the bathrooms by correction officers, who left them unattended.
Scarver, who was repulsed by the youth-molesting cannibal’s lust for flesh, kept in his pocket a newspaper article detailing how Dahmer killed, dismembered — and in some cases ate — 17 men and boys from 1978 to 1991.
Scarver, then a 25-year-old convicted murderer, had just retrieved his mop and was filling a bucket with water when someone poked him in the back.
“I turned around, and [Dahmer] and Jesse were kind of laughing under their breath,” Scarver recounted. “I looked right into their eyes, and I couldn’t tell which had done it.”
The three men then split up, and Scarver followed Dahmer toward a staff locker room.
Scarver grabbed a metal bar from the weight room and confronted Dahmer with the news story he had been carrying in his pocket.
“I asked him if he did those things ’cause I was fiercely disgusted. He was shocked. Yes, he was,” Scarver said.
“He started looking for the door pretty quick. I blocked him,” Scarver said.
Read more: NY Post
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- AUNT FROM HELL: ‘The Law Said I HAD To Sue’
- Woman Arrested after Trying to Flush Newborn Baby Down the Toilet
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16