While pit bull bans spark a lot of heated discussions between friends and neighbors, the tide appears to be with opponents of the bans.
In last couple of years, more than 100 communities across the nation have repealed their bans, including several in the Kansas City metro like Bonner Springs, Fairway and Spring Hill.
One of the few people who spoke in favor of keeping the ban in Roeland Park was Karen Stroud.
Stroud said a pit bull once attacked a close friend’s child.
“Once a child is mauled, that’s with them for the rest of their life,” she said.
Stroud lost the battle. The Roeland Park city council voted 6-2 to lift the ban.
People who share Stroud’s concerns about the danger of pit bulls have been on the losing end a lot lately.
Courtney Thomas, the president and CEO of Great Plains SPCA, believes the bans are being repealed because people are beginning to understand that the dogs aren’t the problem, the owners are.
“Bans of any kind for any type of breed are an ineffective way to manage a community and the safety of that community,” said Thomas. “It’s really about how the pets were raised, how they’re being raised today.”
Read more: fox2now.com
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama