Suspected Taliban fighters stoned a 22-year-old Afghan woman to death after she was accused of adultery, an Afghan official said Wednesday.
The woman, identified only as Rokhshana, was forced to stand in a deep hole in the ground during the Oct. 24 attack in a village in remote Ghor province of western Afghanistan, said Abdul Hai Khateby, the spokesman for the governor.
The village, about 45 kilometers (28 miles) north of Ghor’s capital, Firozkoh, is controlled by Taliban insurgents “who implement their own barbaric laws,” Khateby said.
In an online video purportedly showing the killing, about a half-dozen men are seen standing around a deep, narrow pit and pelting the woman with rocks while a larger group of men sit on the ground nearby, watching. The video could not be independently verified.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani called Rokhshana’s killing a “criminal and un-Islamic” act, according to a statement from his office. The statement said Ghani had appointed a “delegation” to investigate the incident and report to him personally.
While Ghor officials blamed the Taliban, the 14-year war in Afghanistan is often used as a coverall for a wide range of criminal behavior, including revenge killings, kidnapping for ransom and extortion.
The war has entrenched traditional and religious values in many parts of Afghanistan’s vast rural hinterland. Although stoning is illegal under the Afghan constitution, it is seen as a legitimate punishment under Islamic law, or Sharia.
Incidents of stoning are unusual but not unheard of in Afghanistan, where women are the main victims.
Read more: kait8.com
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- Hell and Back: 3 Sex Slaves Girls Share Gratitude for Being Freed
- ‘GET OFF OUR LAND’: Navajo Tribe Chases John McCain Off their Reservation Because of This…
- Hung Out to Dry: Duck Dynasty Family Says Phil Was Set Up
- GA Lieutenant Governor is Planning to cut Tax Benefits for Delta if They Don’t Reverse NRA Decision
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI
- REPORT: Trump Hating FBI Agent Peter Strzok Ignored Evidence of Hillary Clinton’s Secret Server Being Hacked
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- BREAKING: 16 Terrorists Arrested at Police Raid — but Paris Jihadist is…
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars