The man in police custody that has been charged with shooting two Ferguson, Missouri police officers is not the man who pulled the trigger, according to the attorney representing the suspect.
Jeffrey Williams was arrested over the weekend and allegedly told police that he fired the shots last week that put two officers in the hospital. Mr Williams said, however, that he was aiming at people with whom he had a quarrel and not at the officers.
The New York Times reported that Jerryl Christmas, the lawyer representing Mr Williams, said he thinks police have charged the wrong person in the shooting. Mr Christmas did not comment on why his client would admit to pulling the trigger if he was not responsible.
“I don’t think they have the right person in custody,” Mr. Christmas said, according to the Times. “I don’t think he shot anybody.”
Mr Williams has been charged with first-degree assault and his bond has been set at $300,000. During his brief court appearance on Monday in front of Judge Joseph Dueker in St. Louis County Circuit Court, he did not give any statements.
Read more: independent.co.uk
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN