“You’ve said some unkind things . . .”
I’m liking Carly Fiorina more and more. Of course, one of the quickest ways to win my respect is to stand up to dopey media presumptions and shove them back in the faces of blowhard interviewers. And that’s what Fiorina did yesterday when Katie Couric tried to shame her for having the shocking gall to say “unkind things” about the sainted Hillary Clinton.
Here’s a transcript that also gets into Couric’s followup question, in which she actually wonders how Fiorina could dare to say Hillary isn’t trustworthy:
COURIC: Speaking of women, you’ve had some unkind words for Hillary Clinton. You said that she was not trustworthy and she hasn’t accomplished very much. I think people might think, “Well, she was the senator from New York and she was the Secretary of State.” How can you really make those claims?
FIORINA: Well, you see, Katie, in the world I come from, a title is just a title. I mean, you went through a whole bunch of things about me as CEO. You weren’t impressed with my title. Why are we so impressed with political titles? Senator is a title. Secretary of State is a title. It’s a completely legitimate question to say, “What has anyone accomplished with their title?” And the truth is, there are many in the political class who haven’t accomplished a whole lot, despite their titles.
COURIC: What about the trustworthy claim?
FIORINA: Well, you know, I think when you know that Benghazi is a purposeful terrorist attack and you peddle a fiction for four weeks after that attack, that indicates you are not trustworthy. When you talk about a private e-mail server, that’s not trustworthy. When it turns out that you were supposed to be disclosing all these foreign government donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while you were Secretary of State and you didn’t and now the Clinton Global Initiative is having to restate their 990s, that doesn’t sound very trustworthy to me.
I’m astonished that two major networks once thought Katie Couric was a compelling enough journalistic figure that they wanted to make her one of their stars. She is so full of cliches and liberal mush-thought, it boggles the mind that anyone couldn’t see what a failure she would be.
Read more: caintv.com
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’