“You’ve said some unkind things . . .”
I’m liking Carly Fiorina more and more. Of course, one of the quickest ways to win my respect is to stand up to dopey media presumptions and shove them back in the faces of blowhard interviewers. And that’s what Fiorina did yesterday when Katie Couric tried to shame her for having the shocking gall to say “unkind things” about the sainted Hillary Clinton.
Here’s a transcript that also gets into Couric’s followup question, in which she actually wonders how Fiorina could dare to say Hillary isn’t trustworthy:
COURIC: Speaking of women, you’ve had some unkind words for Hillary Clinton. You said that she was not trustworthy and she hasn’t accomplished very much. I think people might think, “Well, she was the senator from New York and she was the Secretary of State.” How can you really make those claims?
FIORINA: Well, you see, Katie, in the world I come from, a title is just a title. I mean, you went through a whole bunch of things about me as CEO. You weren’t impressed with my title. Why are we so impressed with political titles? Senator is a title. Secretary of State is a title. It’s a completely legitimate question to say, “What has anyone accomplished with their title?” And the truth is, there are many in the political class who haven’t accomplished a whole lot, despite their titles.
COURIC: What about the trustworthy claim?
FIORINA: Well, you know, I think when you know that Benghazi is a purposeful terrorist attack and you peddle a fiction for four weeks after that attack, that indicates you are not trustworthy. When you talk about a private e-mail server, that’s not trustworthy. When it turns out that you were supposed to be disclosing all these foreign government donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while you were Secretary of State and you didn’t and now the Clinton Global Initiative is having to restate their 990s, that doesn’t sound very trustworthy to me.
I’m astonished that two major networks once thought Katie Couric was a compelling enough journalistic figure that they wanted to make her one of their stars. She is so full of cliches and liberal mush-thought, it boggles the mind that anyone couldn’t see what a failure she would be.
Read more: caintv.com
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Susan Rice Tells Trump to ‘Tolerate’ Nuclear North Korea — What Do You Say?
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600