“You’ve said some unkind things . . .”
I’m liking Carly Fiorina more and more. Of course, one of the quickest ways to win my respect is to stand up to dopey media presumptions and shove them back in the faces of blowhard interviewers. And that’s what Fiorina did yesterday when Katie Couric tried to shame her for having the shocking gall to say “unkind things” about the sainted Hillary Clinton.
Here’s a transcript that also gets into Couric’s followup question, in which she actually wonders how Fiorina could dare to say Hillary isn’t trustworthy:
COURIC: Speaking of women, you’ve had some unkind words for Hillary Clinton. You said that she was not trustworthy and she hasn’t accomplished very much. I think people might think, “Well, she was the senator from New York and she was the Secretary of State.” How can you really make those claims?
FIORINA: Well, you see, Katie, in the world I come from, a title is just a title. I mean, you went through a whole bunch of things about me as CEO. You weren’t impressed with my title. Why are we so impressed with political titles? Senator is a title. Secretary of State is a title. It’s a completely legitimate question to say, “What has anyone accomplished with their title?” And the truth is, there are many in the political class who haven’t accomplished a whole lot, despite their titles.
COURIC: What about the trustworthy claim?
FIORINA: Well, you know, I think when you know that Benghazi is a purposeful terrorist attack and you peddle a fiction for four weeks after that attack, that indicates you are not trustworthy. When you talk about a private e-mail server, that’s not trustworthy. When it turns out that you were supposed to be disclosing all these foreign government donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while you were Secretary of State and you didn’t and now the Clinton Global Initiative is having to restate their 990s, that doesn’t sound very trustworthy to me.
I’m astonished that two major networks once thought Katie Couric was a compelling enough journalistic figure that they wanted to make her one of their stars. She is so full of cliches and liberal mush-thought, it boggles the mind that anyone couldn’t see what a failure she would be.
Read more: caintv.com
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Couple Caught Sexually Abusing Their Kids and Family Dog
- Parkland High School: Broward County Sheriff Captain Who Ordered Officers to Secure “Perimeter” Identified
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- Poll: Should NFL Fans Get a Refund if Players Kneel During Anthem?
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Dropped: Charges Against the Bundy Family are Dismissed
- Tinder Date Turns to Homicide: ‘Mama’s Boy’ Dismembers Woman’s Body
- DOJ Unleashes More Documents on Operation Fast & Furious