“You’ve said some unkind things . . .”
I’m liking Carly Fiorina more and more. Of course, one of the quickest ways to win my respect is to stand up to dopey media presumptions and shove them back in the faces of blowhard interviewers. And that’s what Fiorina did yesterday when Katie Couric tried to shame her for having the shocking gall to say “unkind things” about the sainted Hillary Clinton.
Here’s a transcript that also gets into Couric’s followup question, in which she actually wonders how Fiorina could dare to say Hillary isn’t trustworthy:
COURIC: Speaking of women, you’ve had some unkind words for Hillary Clinton. You said that she was not trustworthy and she hasn’t accomplished very much. I think people might think, “Well, she was the senator from New York and she was the Secretary of State.” How can you really make those claims?
FIORINA: Well, you see, Katie, in the world I come from, a title is just a title. I mean, you went through a whole bunch of things about me as CEO. You weren’t impressed with my title. Why are we so impressed with political titles? Senator is a title. Secretary of State is a title. It’s a completely legitimate question to say, “What has anyone accomplished with their title?” And the truth is, there are many in the political class who haven’t accomplished a whole lot, despite their titles.
COURIC: What about the trustworthy claim?
FIORINA: Well, you know, I think when you know that Benghazi is a purposeful terrorist attack and you peddle a fiction for four weeks after that attack, that indicates you are not trustworthy. When you talk about a private e-mail server, that’s not trustworthy. When it turns out that you were supposed to be disclosing all these foreign government donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while you were Secretary of State and you didn’t and now the Clinton Global Initiative is having to restate their 990s, that doesn’t sound very trustworthy to me.
I’m astonished that two major networks once thought Katie Couric was a compelling enough journalistic figure that they wanted to make her one of their stars. She is so full of cliches and liberal mush-thought, it boggles the mind that anyone couldn’t see what a failure she would be.
Read more: caintv.com
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- WATCH: Little Brother ‘Rescues’ Big Sister from a Fight
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Hurricane Harvey Dumps 11 Trillion Gallons of Water on Houston, Thousands of People are…
- WATCH: Trump Hammers Lying Hillary When Asked About Flynn’s FBI Case
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”