HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — A second American killed a lion in an illegal hunt with a bow and arrow in Zimbabwe several months ago, amid an international outcry over a U.S. hunter accused of illegally killing a well-known lion named Cecil in early July, authorities said Sunday.
The second American was involved in an illegal hunt of a lion in April around Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park, said the National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority in a statement. A Zimbabwean landowner named Headman Sibanda was arrested in the case and is assisting police with their investigation, the authority said.
Zimbabwean authorities earlier said they are seeking the extradition of Minnesota dentist Walter James Palmer, alleging he did not have authorization to kill the lion named Cecil a month ago.
Read more: Huffington Post
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer