President Robert Mugabe has come under fire for holding a lavish $1 million birthday party to celebrate his 92nd birthday in a drought-stricken town in Zimbabwe.
Opponents said the event was “an affront to ordinary Zimbabweans” at a time when more than a quarter of the population are in need of food aid.
Mugabe’s birthday bashes have become an annual pilgrimage for loyalists but the decision to hold this year’s party in Masvingo, an area suffering its worst drought since the early 1990s, was particularly controversial.
Masvingo has seen 75% of the staple maize crop destroyed by the arid conditions.
Read more: itv.com
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- REPORT: NFL Will Lose $500 Million as Fans Revolt
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media