BLOOMBERG GUN-GRABBERS: Just Sold this Lie to Pass Gun-Control Measures in Response to Charleston Church Shooting

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 5.47.26 PMWhat else can you expect from this group. It’s sad that people actually believe this.

It takes a special kind of ghoul to shamelessly stand on the bodies of the dead to lie in service of a political agency, but billionaire totalitarian Michael Bloomberg is just that kind of ghoul:

Everytown for Gun Safety is pushing for legislation that would close a loophole supported by the National Rifle Association that allows people with incomplete background checks to purchase guns after three business days.

A similar bill, authored by Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.), aims to stop retailers from selling guns to people with incomplete background checks, as was the case when alleged Charleston shooter Dylann Roof purchased his firearm.

Trending: Man Goes on Mass Stabbing at 3-Year-Old’s Birthday Party

The prospects of a bill getting through the GOP-controlled Congress appear bleak.

The prospects are bleak for the legislation because the “loophole” is a media myth, on numerous levels.

As we noted in our initial report yesterday, the NICS background check system didn’t fail. Based upon what the FBI director has made public, there were two failure points.

Multiple Data Entry Failures

At  the local level, for reasons that still remain unclear, the wrong arresting agency was listed for the suspect’s drug charge.

This  data entry was compounded when because the list of law enforcement agencies in South Carolina used by NICS in their investigations was incorrect due to another data entry error.

ATF Retrieval Failure

When I worked retail in a gun shop, we once had a customer who was delayed, and who later returned to pick up his firearm after the three-day deplay period had expired. NICS determined the following day that he should have been considered a prohibited person, and sent ATF agents to our store to pull his form 4473, and then went to retrieve the firearm within 48 hours.

In this instance in south Carolina, the suspect waited five days—nearly doubling the amount of time investigators had to investigate his history—before picking up the handgun, on April 16, 2015.

Read more:


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.