Those shots left one dead and nine injured. The two men who have been arrested may not be the shooters. They were originally charged with illegal weapons possession. This is an insane story.
A Bourbon Street shooting left a man dead and nine other people wounded early Sunday (Nov. 27), New Orleans police said. The shooting happened shortly before 1:40 a.m. near the corner of Bourbon and Iberville streets.
The person who died, identified by NOPD spokesman Aaron Looney as a male, died at an area hospital. Looney did not immediately have information about the extent of the other victims’ injuries.
Witnesses described a chaotic scene. Police said two men were arrested, including one shooting victim, and were both booked on charges of illegal carrying of a weapon. Police did not say the men were being charged or suspected with being the shooter or shooters Sunday.
Two and a half years ago, a woman was killed and nine others were injured in a shooting in the 700 block of Bourbon Street, about five blocks away. Earlier this year Trung Lee, 22, was sentenced to 60 years in prison in connection with that June 2014 shooting that police said involved at least one other gunman.
At the spot of that 2014 shooting, Bourbon and St. Ann streets, it was business at usual early Sunday (Nov. 27), with people waiting in line to get into dancing clubs — even as police investigated the new mass shooting a few blocks away.