Comey: Trump is “Morally Unfit to be President” — What do You Think?

During an exclusive interview ABC News Anchor George Stephanopoulos, former FBI Director James Comey claimed that President Donald Trump is “morally unfit” to hold office.

The prerecorded interview aired on Sunday where Comey said, “I think he’s morally unfit to be president.”


“A person who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about and treats women like they’re pieces of meat, who lies constantly about matters big and small and insists the American people believe it, that person’s not fit to be president of the United States, on moral grounds,” Comey said.

Trending: Nikki Haley Is The Star Of The Show As She Gives Lighthearted Speech At Charity Dinner

“And that’s not a policy statement. Again, I don’t care what your views are on guns or immigration or taxes.”

The former FBI director then said he hears rumors about Trump “being mentally incompetent or early stages of dementia,” but said “I don’t buy this stuff.”

“He strikes me as a person of above average intelligence who’s tracking conversations and knows what’s going on. I don’t think he’s medically unfit to be president. I think he’s morally unfit to be president.”

“There’s something more important than that that should unite all of us, and that is our president must embody respect and adhere to the values that are at the core of this country,” Comey said.

“The most important being truth. This president is not able to do that. He is morally unfit to be president.”

Stphanopoulos, a former Clinton press secretary, had Comey on his show to speak about his new book “A Higher Loyalty.”

It has been reported the former FBI boss has made up to $10 million on the book.

During the interview many bizarre moments occurred, one in which included Comey questioning the First Couple’s marriage: “I remember thinking, ‘How could your wife think there’s a 1 percent chance you were with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow?’ I’m a flawed human being, but there is literally zero chance that my wife would think that was true. So what kind of marriage to what kind of man does your wife think there’s only a 99 percent chance you didn’t do that?” Comey said.

Here is the dialog of Comey accusing Trump of being unethical… hilarious, we know:

STEPHANOPOULOS: You’re the former director of the F.B.I. You’ve served in senior positions in the Department of Justice for Republican and Democratic presidents. And you think Donald Trump is unfit– s– the bottom line standard, unfit to be president?

COMEY: I do. I do. And I– I– I hope one of the things that comes outta the Trump administration his first term is a recognition that, as much as we fight about those policy issues in this country, what’s at the core of this nation, we are just a collection of ideas. And at the core of those ideas is that there is a thing called truth.

There is the rule of law. There is integrity. Those things matter before any fights about policies. And people who tell themselves, “Well, yes, Donald Trump is unethical but I’m getting the right Supreme Court justice or the right regulatory rollback,” are kidding themselves because if we lose that tether to the truth, if that stops being the norm at the heart of our public life, what are we?

Where are we as a country? So I worry sometimes people think I’m talking about politics. Not in the way we normally talk about in this country. But I hope in the most important way. Values matter. This president does not reflect the values of this country.



Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.