‘Definitely Terrorism’: NYC Suicide Bomber Captured Alive [VIDEO]

This morning New York City was rocked by a homemade explosive device at the Port Authority Bus Terminal subway station, by a suicide bomber.

Law enforcement sources informed reporters it was an ISIS-inspired attack — according to former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton — and three people, as well as the bomber, were injured in the incident.

The bomber, identified as Akayed Ullah, had devised the explosive by attaching wires to himself, a metal pipe bomb of 5 inches, and a battery pack strapped to his abdomen.

Apparently the explosive went off prematurely at 7:40am, detonating in the passageway to A, C, and E trains at 8th Avenue and W. 42nd Street.

Trending: The Only Gun Store in Thousand Oaks Sees Spike in Sales, Residences Say It’s Time to Buy a Gun

Ullah was immediately taken into custody. Commissioner Bratton has stated he was possibly born in Bangladesh, but has resided in the US for seven years and “was supposedly setting the device off in the name of ISIS.”

“So, definitely a terrorist attack, definitely intended,” Bratton said.

Via NYPost: The man, who suffered the most serious injuries, was taken to Bellevue Hospital.

Three others suffered non-life threatening injuries, police said. One person was taken to St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital, another to Mount Sinai and another person was treated at the scene, officials said.

Investigators briefly spoke to the alleged bomber, who told them he made the explosive device at the electrical company where he works.

Emergency personnel flooded the scene following the incident.

Mayor de Blasio has been briefed on the incident.

The incident sent citizens into a stampede.

On eye witness named Carmen said: “I didn’t see anything I just heard an explosion and I ran out like everyone did to look for the nearest exit.”

“I had like a panic attack I couldn’t breathe. My stomach started hurting,” the witness said. “I’m doing better — i’m just trying to catch a train to go back home to College Point.”

Designer Chelsea LaSalle: “holy f–k. just was stuck in a running stampede at port authority bus terminal due to bomb scare. cops EVERYWHERE.”

LaSalle sent a second tweet out: “not a scare. actual explosion moments before i was about to get on the subway.”

Commuter Keith Woodfin also tweeted: “I was exiting the Port Authority and the National Guard was running towards something shouting ‘Go, Go, Go.’”


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.