The Two Missing Minutes in Case Where Officer Mohamed Noor Shot the Yoga Teacher

Reports are coming out as to the reason why Officer Mohamed Noor shot down Australian bride-to-be Justine Damond.

During the time of the incident fireworks were heard going off.

According to the Daily Mail: A source with knowledge of Minneapolis law enforcement, who asked not to be identified, told AAP on Tuesday it ‘would be good common sense to investigate’ the fireworks link.

The sound of fireworks may have startled Officer Mohamed Noor, the policeman who fired the fatal bullet to the 40-year-old spiritual healer’s abdomen.

The fireworks link came as it was revealed Noor’s partner was ‘stunned’ when the rookie cop opened fire through the squad-car door at Damond, who had approached the car, dressed in pyjamas.

This seems highly suspicious though, since the call to the police was of a sexual assault and Noor’s partner never viewed Damond as a threat.

Plus the fact that he reached over his partner to fire his weapon, again shows suspicious activity.

Now, the officer in question is even refusing to cooperate with investigators.

A reference to fireworks can be heard during the police radio conversations between Officer Noor, Officer Matthew Harrity, and the police dispatcher co-ordinating the emergency call and other officers rushing to scene.

At one point the dispatcher asks for a precinct sergeant to acknowledge a report of ‘two shots heard from the east’.

‘We heard those sounds from the station,’ an officer responds.

‘Those are probably aerial fireworks.’

The independent Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, not the Minneapolis Police Department, is investigating the shooting and revealed on Wednesday that Noor has refused to be interviewed. 

‘Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by BCA agents at this time. Officer Noor’s attorney did not provide clarification on when, if ever, an interview would be possible,’ the BCA said in a press release on its website.

Here is the timeline of everything that occurred:

11.27pm: First 911 call. Ms Damond reports she hears a woman “having sex or being raped” in the alley behind her home on 51st St and Washburn Ave. The operator says they have “already got an officer on the way.”

“What is your name?” the officer asks.


11.35pm: Second 911 call. Ms Damond calls emergency services again saying no one has arrived and checks if officers got the address wrong. “Are you JUSTINE?” the operator asks. “You’re hearing a female screaming?”

Ms Damond confirms and is told “officers are on the way there”.

11.39pm: Police arrive. A squad car, driven by officer Matthew Harrity with officer Mohamed Noor in the passenger seat, arrive at the address. The officers report on police radio the incident is a “Code four”, meaning no back up is required.

11.41pm: Shooting reported. The situation has completely changed. Officers call for back up requesting a police, fire and emergency response. The incident report notes at this time: “ONE DOWN… STARTING CPR.”

Police radio transcript from the time shows officers reported: “Shots fired at Washburn and 53rd Street. Correction 51st. Sergeant to acknowledge shots fired and one down at Washburn.”

11.46pm: Police radio in to confirm there are “no suspects at large”.

11.49pm: Incident report shows police “have been doing CPR for last four minutes”. “Two additional police units have arrived on the scene.”

During the time from when the police arrived — to which they reported there was no threat — to when the shooting was reported, there is nothing there.

No real explanation of what had occurred.

These two minutes, between 11:39 and 11:41, changed everything for Justine Damond and the people who loved her.


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.